The MVPI assessment provides an inventory of goals and preferences for work, education and life. It measures ‘The Inside of Personality’.
What it Measures
The Motives, Values, Preferences Inventory (MVPI) measures 10 dimensions to reveal a person’s core values. These values are aesthetics, affiliation, altruistic, commercial, hedonism, power, recognition, science, security and tradition.
The MVPI identifies what the person wants to do rather than what they may do in certain situations.
What is Applies To
- Assessing person–environment fit – the MVPI examines how well an individual fits within your organisation’s culture (people are happiest working in environments that are compatible with their core values)
- Team development – the MVPI evaluates the compatibility of staff members based on their motives (everyone needs to strive towards the same goal)
- Career planning – the MVPI assists people in formulating strategies for their careers by clarifying the areas of interest they should pursue
Features and Benefits
- Identifies core values and emphasises workplace applications
- Powerful in building teams and understanding differences
- Assesses the fit between the person’s values and the organisation’s culture
- An exceptional tool for employee coaching and development
- Does not include any invasive, intrusive or disability-related items
- Based on motivational constructs from 80 years of research
- Australian or Global norms available